Preparing For A Showing Checklist
You did it… you made the decision to sell your home. The sign is now in the yard and it’s listed for sale. Home showings will start soon. So what do you do once a home showing is scheduled? Break out your Preparing for Showing Checklist!
We’ve created this simple checklist that you can use before every home showing. This way, you know you have done everything possible to make sure your home shows it’s best.
It may not be possible to complete the entire list for each home showing but the more you can do, the better.
Please keep in mind, this checklist is to be used to prepare your home for a home SHOWING and is very different than preparing your home to sell. These are the tasks that should be completed just before home showings.
- Open all drapes, shades and blinds
- Turn on all lights (including closets)
- Sweep and vacuum all flooring
- Quickly dust tables and furniture if needed
- Clean any windows or glass doors if there are fingerprints on them
- Remove any evidence of pets (bowls, litter box etc)
- Remove any odors (from garbage, laundry, smoke, pets) and make home smell pleasant
- Temperature in home must be comfortable
- In cooler or cold months, a warm fire will make your home feel warm and cozy
- If appropriate time of year, open windows and let the fresh air in (unless house in on busy street)
- Put away any valuables
- Empty garbage cans (spray disinfectant if smelly)
- Wash dishes or put in dishwasher (buyer may look in dishwasher)
- Clear off kitchen counters
- Remove anything from top or sides of refrigerator
- Make all beds
- Put any dirty clothes in hamper or in washer and dryer
- Make your bathroom show like the bathroom at a nice hotel does when you arrive.
- No personal care items on countertop
- No wet towels hanging. Replace with clean attractive towel(s)
- Not a lot of excess personal care items in shower
- Don’t start washer and dryer because you don’t want them going during showing.
Hopefully this checklist will be a helpful resource for you when preparing for a showing. As we stated before, it may not be possible to complete this entire list before each home showing but the more you can do, the better.
Preparing for a home showing can be some work, but at the end of the day can result in a faster and more profitable home sale. The team at the Rodgers Real Estate Group are experts in the Peoria IL real estate market and can help you get your home listed and sold quickly! If you would like to explore the possibility of selling your home. Sell Your House Roseville CA.